PLEASE USE THIS LINK TO APPLY: https://jobs.polymer.co/cleartrace/28541
Cleartrace, an Austin-based Climate Tech startup, is on a mission to help companies proactively decarbonize their energy consumption. Cleartrace allows companies to stand behind their claims of carbon reductions, sustainability, and renewable energy to prevent greenwashing and provide a source of unified, auditable truth.
We are based in Austin, Texas, but the role is open to the right candidate anywhere in the United States.
About The Role / Responsibilities:
- Data Integration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and design, build, and operate data integration solutions that connect to various upstream data sources
- ELT Development: Develop and maintain modern ELT (Extract, Load, Transform) processes to move and transform data from source systems to downstream systems
- Data Warehouse Management: Architect and manage the Snowflake data warehouse, ensuring optimal performance, scalability, and security
- Data Modeling: Utilize dbt to create data models and transformations that support business reporting and analytics needs
- Performance Optimization: Continuously monitor and optimize data pipelines and data warehouse performance for efficiency and reliability
- Data Governance: Implement data governance practices to ensure data quality, consistency, and security across the organization
- Documentation: Maintain appropriate documentation for data pipelines, ELT processes, and data models to facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Collaboration: Work closely with engineers, data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to understand their data needs and provide support for their data-related projects
- Mentorship: Mentor junior team members, share knowledge, and contribute to the professional growth of the data engineering team
About You / Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer with a focus on data integration and ELT processes
- Deep expertise with Snowflake and dbt
- Fluency with SQL for data manipulation and querying
- Solution-oriented mindset with an ability to turn ambiguity into clarity
- Proven track record of building resilient systems at scale
- Strong understanding of data modeling and data flow design
- Sincere dedication to crafting maintainable, dependable code
- Pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem solving
- Great teammate that thrives in a highly-collaborative environment
- You are passionate about climate tech and making an impact on climate change
- You love the energy of startup life
- You have experience in our, or a similar, industry
Cleartrace provides the actionable data companies need to proactively decarbonize their operations. By illuminating previously unseen energy data, companies can see and manage the upstream production and downstream consumption of their energy, every hour of the day. Global sustainability leaders including JPMorgan, Nextera, and Brookfield trust Cleartrace to deliver 100% traceable and verifiable energy and carbon records as proof of their sustainability performance.
Perks, Benefits, Salary:
We are proud to have a purpose-driven mission to help the planet!
We not only believe in work-life balance; we live it! To help maintain a healthy work-life balance, we have a flexible, remote work environment, with the option to work out of our Austin-based office. Some travel might be required for team and company off-sites.
We offer four weeks of paid time off, which increases the longer you’re with the Company. We also offer paid volunteer time, parental leave, and other paid and unpaid time off options. As a company, we observes eight holidays, along with two floating holidays.
We offer health, dental and vision plans, along with 401K, HSA, FSA, and more.
Annual salary range for this role is $140-170K, based on experience/skill level.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
We believe that the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees is the driver of our success. We are deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment where every individual feels supported and differences are celebrated. Cleartrace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to giving every candidate equal consideration regardless of age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic.
If you’ve gotten to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the possibility of joining our team! Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.