Cleartrace, an Austin-based Climate Tech startup, is on a mission to help companies proactively decarbonize their energy consumption. Cleartrace allows companies to stand behind their claims of carbon reductions, sustainability, and renewable energy to prevent greenwashing and provide a source of unified, auditable truth.
We’re looking for a sharp and well spoken Solutions Engineer who can help map Cleartrace solutions to customer needs. This means being able to roll up your sleeves with data and technology, engage both technical and non-technical customer stakeholders, and tell stories to articulate problem solving solutions. This role is critical in helping to connect the dots for our customers so that we can communicate value and secure more wins.
Our industry is evolving very rapidly, so this role offers unlimited learning opportunities and a priceless chance to bring much needed change to an industry plagued by mistrust and fuzzy carbon accounting math.
We are based in Austin, Texas, but the role is open to the right candidate anywhere in the United States.
About the role
- Asks questions to understand pieces of the puzzle we solve for customers. Researches and vets possible solutions.
- Presents ways of solving customer challenges through delivery and use of the Cleartrace platform.
- Acts as the technical lead for Cleartrace when engaging similar technical stakeholders with prospects and customers in tandem with other members of the sales team.
- Tells stories to illustrate potential outcomes, all while minding the high level technical details of the particular customer.
- Helps with RFP or RFI responses particularly around technical subject matter.
- Will become a decarbonization subject matter expert.
- Collaborates cross functionally at Cleartrace: with product, sales, engineering, and marketing.
- Technically minded but able to distill complex things down to a more common level
- Is an above average listener and asks great questions but also an amazing communicator.
- Stellar communicator, both written and verbal, internally and externally with customers.
- Adept at team selling and is someone who embraces the nuances of different teammates and makes everyone better in the process.
- Does not shy away from data or connecting dots.
- Willing to travel for key prospect or customer meetings.
- You have two to five years of prior experience as a sales engineer or solutions consultant for a SaaS company
- You have three to five years of prior experience in either the energy or sustainability industries.
- You’re passionate about climate tech and making an impact on climate change
It’s rare to have ALL of the qualifications listed in a job description. We’re excited to learn about the qualifications you have and the ones you want to develop.
Cleartrace provides the actionable data companies need to proactively decarbonize their operations. By illuminating previously unseen energy data, companies can see and manage the upstream production and downstream consumption of their energy, every hour of the day. Global sustainability leaders including JPMorgan, Nextera and Brookfield trust Cleartrace to deliver 100% traceable and verifiable energy and carbon records as proof of their sustainability performance.
Equal opportunity employer statement
We believe that the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees is the driver of our success. We are deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment where every individual feels supported and differences are celebrated. Cleartrace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to giving every candidate equal consideration regardless of age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic.
If you’ve gotten to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the possibility of joining our team! Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.