PLEASE USE THIS LINK TO APPLY: https://jobs.polymer.co/cleartrace/28655
Cleartrace, an Austin-based Climate Tech startup, is on a mission to help companies proactively decarbonize their energy consumption. Cleartrace allows companies to stand behind their claims of carbon reductions, sustainability, and renewable energy to prevent greenwashing and provide a source of unified, auditable truth.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Reporting Manager to join our dynamic team and up-level our customer reporting offerings and develop processes to deliver these at scale.
As a Senior Reporting Manager, you will be responsible for developing the reporting product capabilities, developing and managing the roadmap, and play a pivotal role in transforming raw data into information and actionable insights for our customers that enable them to make data-driven business decisions to achieve their sustainability goals. These insights will manifest through standard and custom reports, so you must be someone who can streamline how we deliver these reports and define turnkey offerings for prospects and customers. You will work closely with our customers to understand their unique problems, design custom solutions, and deliver high-quality analyses that drive climate and business improvements. You have an eye for the details while also seeing the forest from the trees. Volumes of data do not scare you; instead, you see opportunities to tell stories with data.
We are based in Austin, Texas, but the role is open to the right candidate anywhere in the United States.
About The Role / Responsibilities:
- Engage with prospects or customers directly to understand their goals, challenges, identify solutions with both real and modeled data, define data requirements, objectives, and reports or KPIs that can be delivered through the Cleartrace platform
- Build strong relationships with key customer stakeholders and work cross-functionally with sales, product, data, and our customer delivery teams
- Provide ongoing support and consultation to ensure customers maximize the value of our services
- Create informative and visually compelling dashboards and customer reports — using internally and externally facing tools such as the Cleartrace platform and data visualization tools— to tell a story, present data analysis results, and provide insights into key data points
- Extract valuable insights and actionable recommendations from data analysis to help customers understand their carbon impact
- Identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for carbon reduction
- Develop tailored data solutions and dashboards to meet the specific needs of our B2B customers
- Develop and produce an inventory of turnkey or repeatable reports to solve customer challenges or inform our customers’ business decisions
- Suggest and implement improvements to our reporting and insights service delivery processes
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices in carbon analytics and decarbonization
About You / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Environmental Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in our, or a similar, industry or knowledge of the energy and sustainability sectors
- Multiple years experience in data analysis and information reporting data
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and programming languages, specifically SQL, Excel, and Python
- Strong data visualization skills (experience with tools like Metabase or similar)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem solving
- Think strategically and build systematically
- Growth mindset and constantly looking for ways to improve and showcase trends over time
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and work independently just as well as on a team
- Energized working for a start-up
- Passionate about climate tech sustainability and environmental issues, and making an impact on climate change
- Experience working directly with B2B customers and delivering customized data solutions
- Experience with ESG reporting
If you’ve gotten to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the possibility of joining our team! Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Cleartrace provides the actionable data companies need to proactively decarbonize their operations. By illuminating previously unseen energy data, companies can see and manage the upstream production and downstream consumption of their energy, every hour of the day. Global sustainability leaders including JPMorgan, Nextera, and Brookfield trust Cleartrace to deliver 100% traceable and verifiable energy and carbon records as proof of their sustainability performance.
Perks, Benefits, Salary:
We are proud to have a purpose-driven mission to help the planet!
We not only believe in work-life balance; we live it! To help maintain a healthy work-life balance, we have a flexible, remote work environment, with the option to work out of our Austin-based office. Some travel might be required for team and company off-sites.
We offer four weeks of paid time off, which increases the longer you’re with the Company. We also offer paid volunteer time, parental leave, and other paid and unpaid time off options. As a company, we observes eight holidays, along with two floating holidays.
We offer health, dental and vision plans, along with 401K, HSA, FSA, and more.
Annual salary range for this role is $115-155K, based on experience/skill level.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
We believe that the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees is the driver of our success. We are deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment where every individual feels supported and differences are celebrated. Cleartrace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to giving every candidate equal consideration regardless of age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic.